Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shooting RAW

Old Timey by corinne.schwarz
Old Timey a photo by corinne.schwarz on Flickr.

I read all about RAW in the past, about how great it is, how blah blah blah... So I shot in RAW for a few days, and, not knowing enough about the real, tangible differences between RAW and jpg, I gave up, and went back to jpg.

Then I looked at some comparison shots, and I can't deny the fact that the ability to fix exposure, alone, is worth the switch from jpg to RAW.

I also splurged on Adobe Lightroom. It is awesome, but it'll take me a minute to get used to it. I've been messing with CS4 for so long that it has re-wired my brain.

The RAW images I captured today were awesome. Not because I did anything super different than normal, but I felt like I had finally escaped from an iron lung. I mean, yeah, I could breathe in there, but it doesn't compare.

I also took the big step of watermarking my stuff. Wowza.

Productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment