Thursday, March 24, 2011

People

Beautiful Emily by corinne.schwarz
Beautiful Emily, a photo by corinne.schwarz on Flickr.

I get so nervous when it comes to photographing people. Suddenly there's someone else involved in my art. There's someone with high hopes and expectations. I look through the lens and feel their nervousness and self consciousness.

I stress myself out by trying to hurry, so they don't have to sit and wait. The need to get the picture right the first time weighs on me. If I have to take a couple shots, I feel like they are annoyed.

Which is weird, since I used to take pictures of people 8+ hours a day.

Whenever someone asks me if they can hire me for something, I do everything in my power to find a way out of it. I've gotta stop doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment